If you have been affected by the recent floods, here are some tips:
* Call Red Cross to register. 866-526-8300. Option 1.
* Complete a residential assessment at the Office of Emergency Management website (www.mctxoem.org)
* You can visit our office (1022 McCall Ave, Conroe TX) for immediate assistance of food and water Tuesday-Friday 8:30-4:00 (closed from 11:30-1:00 for lunch). For long term financial assistance please make an appointment by calling 936-539-9211 Wednesdays and Fridays at 9:00 am. Assistance is limited to a first come, first served basis and supplies are limited.
* If/when FEMA declares a disaster you will need records of all your receipts and paperwork.
* Be safe. Turn around, don’t drown!