To honor our Mission, Crisis Assistance Center provides a variety of assistance to Montgomery County residents experiencing financial crisis in the basic needs of housing, utilities, food and clothing.
Many people in our county are a single instance away from finding themselves in a vulnerable situation that can cause tremendousfinancial hardship.Unexpected situations such as job loss, reduction inhours/wages or illness.
If you are facing eviction, utility disconnection, or otherchallenging situationsas a result of a recent crisis, CrisisAssistance Center may be able to help. All of our services are free to eligible clients.
For assistance please call to schedule an appointment. 936-539-9211
Appointment line is open Tuesday – Friday from 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Due to volume of clients, walk ins are not guaranteed to be seen and will only be seen after clients with appointments, pending availability. All services will require that you bring a variety of documentation. Lack of documentation could prevent or delay receipt of services.
What type of emergency assistance is available?
- Utility assistance
- Rent or mortgage assistance
- Resource Referrals
Looking for longer-term solutions?
CAC offers extensive case management to help our clients build self-sufficiency. Examples of opportunities include:
- Permanent supportive housing for the disabled
- Hand up Program
- Lifeskills training
- Financial Literacy classes
Please ensure that all documentation is printed prior to your appointment
- Proof of Crisis (Please anchor proof of crisis PDF)
- Provide identifying information on ALL members of the household
- Photo ID for all adults 18 years of age or older
- Social Security cards or birth certificates for all household members
- Provide Proof of income for last 30 days for all adults 18 years of age or older
- Provide proof of school registration for students
- Provide proof of Texas Workforce Commission job search registration within last 30 days if unemployed (even if undocumented)
- Provide proof of start date or job offer if waiting for new job to start
- Provide copies of electric bill for utility bill assistance and copy of lease for rental assistance